News in Brief
Seattle Teachers OK New Contract
Teachers in the Seattle Education Association have approved a three-year contract that includes a new evaluation system that takes into account improvement in student learning, 1 percent raises in each of two years, more planning time, and extra money for those who work in the lowest-performing schools.
After the contract vote this month, the union members also voted “no confidence” in Seattle schools Superintendent Maria Goodloe-Johnson.
Vol. 30, Issue 03, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Baldwin Union Free School District, Baldwin, NY
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO