News in Brief
Seattle Teachers OK New Contract
Teachers in the Seattle Education Association have approved a three-year contract that includes a new evaluation system that takes into account improvement in student learning, 1 percent raises in each of two years, more planning time, and extra money for those who work in the lowest-performing schools.
After the contract vote this month, the union members also voted “no confidence” in Seattle schools Superintendent Maria Goodloe-Johnson.
Vol. 30, Issue 03, Page 5
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ