News in Brief
Seattle Teachers OK New Contract
Teachers in the Seattle Education Association have approved a three-year contract that includes a new evaluation system that takes into account improvement in student learning, 1 percent raises in each of two years, more planning time, and extra money for those who work in the lowest-performing schools.
After the contract vote this month, the union members also voted “no confidence” in Seattle schools Superintendent Maria Goodloe-Johnson.
Vol. 30, Issue 03, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Office Assistant
- Bell Shore Florist, CA
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL