News in Brief
Seattle Teachers OK New Contract
Teachers in the Seattle Education Association have approved a three-year contract that includes a new evaluation system that takes into account improvement in student learning, 1 percent raises in each of two years, more planning time, and extra money for those who work in the lowest-performing schools.
After the contract vote this month, the union members also voted “no confidence” in Seattle schools Superintendent Maria Goodloe-Johnson.
Vol. 30, Issue 03, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO