News in Brief
Seattle Teachers OK New Contract
Teachers in the Seattle Education Association have approved a three-year contract that includes a new evaluation system that takes into account improvement in student learning, 1 percent raises in each of two years, more planning time, and extra money for those who work in the lowest-performing schools.
After the contract vote this month, the union members also voted “no confidence” in Seattle schools Superintendent Maria Goodloe-Johnson.
Vol. 30, Issue 03, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL