News in Brief
Think Tank Analyst To Take N.J. State Post
Andy Smarick, a distinguished visiting fellow with the Washington-based Thomas B. Fordham Institute and prolific writer on the federal Race to the Top competition, has been named New Jersey’s deputy commissioner of education.
When he starts his new job this summer, Mr. Smarick will work under Commissioner Bret Schundler, who was picked by recently elected Republican Gov. Christopher Christie.
A former U.S. Department of Education official under President George W. Bush, Mr. Smarick has carved out a role inside education policy circles for his analysis of the Obama administration’s education agenda, particularly the $4 billion Race to the Top and efforts to turn around low-performing schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 33, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery CSD, Highland Falls, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT, OPERATIONS
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno, CA