News in Brief
D.C. Catholic Schools Chief Leaving
The superintendent of the Archdiocese of Washingtons schools says she is leaving the post for a position at Boston College. Patricia Weitzel-ONeill has been superintendent of the 28,600-student Roman Catholic school system since 2002. Ms. Weitzel-ONeill will head the Center for Catholic Education at Boston College after she leaves the archdiocese in June. In the District of Columbia, Ms. Weitzel-ONeill had to battle declining enrollment and financial difficulties, problems that have affected many Catholic schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 25, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL