News in Brief
D.C. Catholic Schools Chief Leaving
The superintendent of the Archdiocese of Washingtons schools says she is leaving the post for a position at Boston College. Patricia Weitzel-ONeill has been superintendent of the 28,600-student Roman Catholic school system since 2002. Ms. Weitzel-ONeill will head the Center for Catholic Education at Boston College after she leaves the archdiocese in June. In the District of Columbia, Ms. Weitzel-ONeill had to battle declining enrollment and financial difficulties, problems that have affected many Catholic schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 25, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Part-time AP class instructors - remote
- Ascendant Institute, US
- K-12 Teaching Jobs, Available Nationwide
- CS&A, US
- Assistant Principal - Drake High School
- Tamalpais Union High School District, San Anselmo, CA
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- The New School Montessori, Cincinnati, OH