D.C. Catholic Schools Chief Leaving
The superintendent of the Archdiocese of Washingtons schools says she is leaving the post for a position at Boston College. Patricia Weitzel-ONeill has been superintendent of the 28,600-student Roman Catholic school system since 2002. Ms. Weitzel-ONeill will head the Center for Catholic Education at Boston College after she leaves the archdiocese in June. In the District of Columbia, Ms. Weitzel-ONeill had to battle declining enrollment and financial difficulties, problems that have...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL