News in Brief
D.C. Catholic Schools Chief Leaving
The superintendent of the Archdiocese of Washingtons schools says she is leaving the post for a position at Boston College. Patricia Weitzel-ONeill has been superintendent of the 28,600-student Roman Catholic school system since 2002. Ms. Weitzel-ONeill will head the Center for Catholic Education at Boston College after she leaves the archdiocese in June. In the District of Columbia, Ms. Weitzel-ONeill had to battle declining enrollment and financial difficulties, problems that have affected many Catholic schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 25, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Supervisor of Mathematics
- Quakertown Community School District, PA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Deputy Superintendent of Education Support
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston, WV
- Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer
- Northwest Evaluation Association, OR
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN