News in Brief
School Employees Reassigned Over TAKS Cheating Claims
Two employees at a school in north Houston have been reassigned over allegations of cheating in preparations for the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills test.
Security was tightened last week as some 4th graders took the taks.
Reports surfaced last month that administrators were investigating allegations of cheating by some educators at Jefferson Elementary School. Teachers also revealed that they were given the writing topic ahead of time.
School board President Greg Meyer called the incident at Jefferson an aberration and said procedures are in place “to take care of these.”
An audit in 2006 flagged 442 Texas campuses for irregularities, forcing the Texas Education Agency to issue tighter regulations on testing materials.
Vol. 29, Issue 24, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA