News in Brief
Alabama Board Backs Charters
Alabama's board of education has unanimously passed a resolution supporting the creation of charter schools in the state. The boards approval could help Gov. Bob Riley's efforts to get the legislature to pass a bill clearing the way to establish charter schools. Alabama is one of 11 states that don't permit the schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 18, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations