News in Brief
Alabama Board Backs Charters
Alabama's board of education has unanimously passed a resolution supporting the creation of charter schools in the state. The boards approval could help Gov. Bob Riley's efforts to get the legislature to pass a bill clearing the way to establish charter schools. Alabama is one of 11 states that don't permit the schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 18, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Easton, Redding & Region 9 School Districts, Easton, CT
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR