News in Brief
Feuding Denver Board Hires Marriage Counselor to Heal Rift
The Denver school board has hired a marriage counselor to deal with rifts exposed after a rancorous meeting with newly elected members.
At the meeting Nov. 30, new board member Andrea Merida voted against reforms at a troubled middle school. She and other opponents question whether the reforms, which were approved, are legal.
The board was to meet with a marital counselor at a special meeting last week at the five-star Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs to sort through the disputes.
Board member Theresa Pena said confidential personnel matters were removed from the agenda, so the meeting would be open to the public. She said that even before the contentious meeting, she and others had discussed working with a consultant on leadership development.
Vol. 29, Issue 14, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Qualified KG or Elementary Classroom Teacher
- The International School Of Choueifat Manama, Bahrain, Manama, Bahrain
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD