News in Brief
Feuding Denver Board Hires Marriage Counselor to Heal Rift
The Denver school board has hired a marriage counselor to deal with rifts exposed after a rancorous meeting with newly elected members.
At the meeting Nov. 30, new board member Andrea Merida voted against reforms at a troubled middle school. She and other opponents question whether the reforms, which were approved, are legal.
The board was to meet with a marital counselor at a special meeting last week at the five-star Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs to sort through the disputes.
Board member Theresa Pena said confidential personnel matters were removed from the agenda, so the meeting would be open to the public. She said that even before the contentious meeting, she and others had discussed working with a consultant on leadership development.
Vol. 29, Issue 14, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO