CDC's Swine Flu Toll: 4,000 Dead
Estimates of deaths caused by the swine flu have grown to nearly 4,000 since April, roughly quadrupling previous estimates. But that doesn't mean swine flu suddenly has worsened.
Instead, the federal numbers made public Thursday reflect a long-awaited better attempt to quantify the new flu's true toll. Most cases still don't require a doctor's care.
Swine flu has sickened about 22 million Americans since April and...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- School Turnaround Facilitator (Stockton, CA) ($83K-$102K/YR
- WestEd, Multiple Locations
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations