News in Brief
Record College-Going Rate
More young Americans than ever are in college, especially two-year institutions, according to a report released last week. A study of U.S. Census Bureau data by the Pew Research Center shows the share of Americans age 18 to 24 attending college hit a record high in October 2008 at just under 40 percent. Enrollment in four-year colleges was flat; virtually all of the increase of 300,000 students nationally over the previous year came at two-year schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA