News in Brief
Record College-Going Rate
More young Americans than ever are in college, especially two-year institutions, according to a report released last week. A study of U.S. Census Bureau data by the Pew Research Center shows the share of Americans age 18 to 24 attending college hit a record high in October 2008 at just under 40 percent. Enrollment in four-year colleges was flat; virtually all of the increase of 300,000 students nationally over the previous year came at two-year schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Supervisor, Secondary Literacy Instruction
- Montgomery County Public Schools, MD
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations