News in Brief
Record College-Going Rate
More young Americans than ever are in college, especially two-year institutions, according to a report released last week. A study of U.S. Census Bureau data by the Pew Research Center shows the share of Americans age 18 to 24 attending college hit a record high in October 2008 at just under 40 percent. Enrollment in four-year colleges was flat; virtually all of the increase of 300,000 students nationally over the previous year came at two-year schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Director of Academic and Strategic Initiatives - Instruction
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Annapolis, MD