News in Brief
Record College-Going Rate
More young Americans than ever are in college, especially two-year institutions, according to a report released last week. A study of U.S. Census Bureau data by the Pew Research Center shows the share of Americans age 18 to 24 attending college hit a record high in October 2008 at just under 40 percent. Enrollment in four-year colleges was flat; virtually all of the increase of 300,000 students nationally over the previous year came at two-year schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Co-Principal Vacancy
- Newport City Elementary School, Newport, VT
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Superintendent of Schools
- Levittown Public Schools, Levittown, NY
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT