News in Brief
Record College-Going Rate
More young Americans than ever are in college, especially two-year institutions, according to a report released last week. A study of U.S. Census Bureau data by the Pew Research Center shows the share of Americans age 18 to 24 attending college hit a record high in October 2008 at just under 40 percent. Enrollment in four-year colleges was flat; virtually all of the increase of 300,000 students nationally over the previous year came at two-year schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery CSD, Highland Falls, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations