News in Brief
Record College-Going Rate
More young Americans than ever are in college, especially two-year institutions, according to a report released last week. A study of U.S. Census Bureau data by the Pew Research Center shows the share of Americans age 18 to 24 attending college hit a record high in October 2008 at just under 40 percent. Enrollment in four-year colleges was flat; virtually all of the increase of 300,000 students nationally over the previous year came at two-year schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL