News in Brief
Record College-Going Rate
More young Americans than ever are in college, especially two-year institutions, according to a report released last week. A study of U.S. Census Bureau data by the Pew Research Center shows the share of Americans age 18 to 24 attending college hit a record high in October 2008 at just under 40 percent. Enrollment in four-year colleges was flat; virtually all of the increase of 300,000 students nationally over the previous year came at two-year schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA