News in Brief
Record College-Going Rate
More young Americans than ever are in college, especially two-year institutions, according to a report released last week. A study of U.S. Census Bureau data by the Pew Research Center shows the share of Americans age 18 to 24 attending college hit a record high in October 2008 at just under 40 percent. Enrollment in four-year colleges was flat; virtually all of the increase of 300,000 students nationally over the previous year came at two-year schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV