News in Brief
Record College-Going Rate
More young Americans than ever are in college, especially two-year institutions, according to a report released last week. A study of U.S. Census Bureau data by the Pew Research Center shows the share of Americans age 18 to 24 attending college hit a record high in October 2008 at just under 40 percent. Enrollment in four-year colleges was flat; virtually all of the increase of 300,000 students nationally over the previous year came at two-year schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY