News in Brief
Record College-Going Rate
More young Americans than ever are in college, especially two-year institutions, according to a report released last week. A study of U.S. Census Bureau data by the Pew Research Center shows the share of Americans age 18 to 24 attending college hit a record high in October 2008 at just under 40 percent. Enrollment in four-year colleges was flat; virtually all of the increase of 300,000 students nationally over the previous year came at two-year schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Technology Teacher
- Brookwood School District 167, Glenwood, IL
- Curriculum Manager - English Language Arts
- Apex Learning, Seattle, WA
- Director of Special Projects
- National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation, Gap, PA
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations