News in Brief
Record College-Going Rate
More young Americans than ever are in college, especially two-year institutions, according to a report released last week. A study of U.S. Census Bureau data by the Pew Research Center shows the share of Americans age 18 to 24 attending college hit a record high in October 2008 at just under 40 percent. Enrollment in four-year colleges was flat; virtually all of the increase of 300,000 students nationally over the previous year came at two-year schools.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Claypit Hill Elementary School, Wayland, MA
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME