News in Brief
Attack Following Homecoming Shakes California High School
A total of six people, including three teenagers, have been taken into custody in connection with the gang rape and beating of a 15-year-old girl outside a homecoming dance at Richmond High School in Richmond, Calif., on Oct. 24. They were each booked on one count of gang rape and likely face such other charges as robbery and kidnapping.
The attacks and its aftermath have rattled Richmond, a crime-ridden city of about 120,000 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Police believe as many as 10 people, ranging in age from 15 to the mid-20s, attacked the girl for more than two hours at a dimly lit area in the school courtyard. As many as two dozen people saw the rape without notifying police. The victim was released from the hospital on Oct. 28.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom