News in Brief
Attack Following Homecoming Shakes California High School
A total of six people, including three teenagers, have been taken into custody in connection with the gang rape and beating of a 15-year-old girl outside a homecoming dance at Richmond High School in Richmond, Calif., on Oct. 24. They were each booked on one count of gang rape and likely face such other charges as robbery and kidnapping.
The attacks and its aftermath have rattled Richmond, a crime-ridden city of about 120,000 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Police believe as many as 10 people, ranging in age from 15 to the mid-20s, attacked the girl for more than two hours at a dimly lit area in the school courtyard. As many as two dozen people saw the rape without notifying police. The victim was released from the hospital on Oct. 28.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Richland School District One, Columbia, SC
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA