News in Brief
Attack Following Homecoming Shakes California High School
A total of six people, including three teenagers, have been taken into custody in connection with the gang rape and beating of a 15-year-old girl outside a homecoming dance at Richmond High School in Richmond, Calif., on Oct. 24. They were each booked on one count of gang rape and likely face such other charges as robbery and kidnapping.
The attacks and its aftermath have rattled Richmond, a crime-ridden city of about 120,000 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Police believe as many as 10 people, ranging in age from 15 to the mid-20s, attacked the girl for more than two hours at a dimly lit area in the school courtyard. As many as two dozen people saw the rape without notifying police. The victim was released from the hospital on Oct. 28.
Vol. 29, Issue 10, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY