Gates Seeks to Leverage 'Race to Top' Aid
Not content with shaping education directly through schools, the biggest player in the school reform movement has an eye on moving education policy.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has spent around $200 million a year on grants to elementary and secondary education.
Now the foundation is taking unprecedented steps to spend millions to influence the way the federal government distributes $5 billion in grants...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- School Turnaround Facilitator (Stockton, CA) ($83K-$102K/YR
- WestEd, Multiple Locations
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations