Obama Touts Efforts to Help Economy, Colleges
President Barack Obama said Monday that better economic days are coming thanks to innovation and some help from the government.
Obama delivered an economic pep talk and a plug for his economic recovery plan: a sustained investment in education, technology, health care and research. He told his audience at Hudson Valley Community College that for years, Washington has not lived it up to its responsibilities to help.
"As we emerge from this current economic crisis, our great challenge will be to ensure that we do not just drift into the future," Obama said. "Instead, we must choose to do what past generations have done: shape a brighter future through...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Upper School Principal
- Gulliver Schools, Pinecrest, FL
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Randolph, MA Superintendent
- NESDEC, Randolph, MA
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD