"PointSmart.ClickSafe: Task Force Recommendations for Best Practices for Online Safety and Literacy"
Companies that do an extensive amount of business online should provide resources and information to parents and children about online safety before, during, and after children use their Web sites, says a report by the Washington-based PointSmart.ClickSafe, an initiative of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association that focuses on educating parents about Internet safety.
The report, written by a team of media companies, nonprofit organizations, educators, and public health officials about what business and government need to do to keep children safe online, also calls for the creation of a federal agency to work to improve Internet safety along with increased funding for online safety curricula for schools, research, and professional development for educators.
Vol. 28, Issue 36, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX
- Classroom Teachers
- The Cambridge Schools, Doha, Qa, Qatar
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS