"PointSmart.ClickSafe: Task Force Recommendations for Best Practices for Online Safety and Literacy"
Companies that do an extensive amount of business online should provide resources and information to parents and children about online safety before, during, and after children use their Web sites, says a report by the Washington-based PointSmart.ClickSafe, an initiative of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association that focuses on educating parents about Internet safety.
The report, written by a team of media companies, nonprofit organizations, educators, and public health officials about what business and government need to do to keep children safe online, also calls for the creation of a federal agency to work to improve Internet safety along with increased funding for online safety curricula for schools, research, and professional development for educators.
Vol. 28, Issue 36, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY