"PointSmart.ClickSafe: Task Force Recommendations for Best Practices for Online Safety and Literacy"
Companies that do an extensive amount of business online should provide resources and information to parents and children about online safety before, during, and after children use their Web sites, says a report by the Washington-based PointSmart.ClickSafe, an initiative of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association that focuses on educating parents about Internet safety.
The report, written by a team of media companies, nonprofit organizations, educators, and public health officials about what business and government need to do to keep children safe online, also calls for the creation of a federal agency to work to improve Internet safety along with increased funding for online safety curricula for schools, research, and professional development for educators.
Vol. 28, Issue 36, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director
- California Collaborative for Educational Excellence (CCEE), CA
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Teach/Work in Indian Country
- www.Indian-Ed.com, US
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR