"PointSmart.ClickSafe: Task Force Recommendations for Best Practices for Online Safety and Literacy"
Companies that do an extensive amount of business online should provide resources and information to parents and children about online safety before, during, and after children use their Web sites, says a report by the Washington-based PointSmart.ClickSafe, an initiative of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association that focuses on educating parents about Internet safety.
The report, written by a team of media companies, nonprofit organizations, educators, and public health officials about what business and government need to do to keep children safe online, also calls for the creation of a federal agency to work to improve Internet safety along with increased funding for online safety curricula for schools, research, and professional development for educators.
Vol. 28, Issue 36, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Assistant Director of Enrichment and Special Projects
- TEP Charter School, Fort George, NY
- Superintendent of Schools, Linn-Mar Community School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Marion, IA
- High School Principal, Chicago Public Schools
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC