News in Brief
D.C. Schools Penalized on Spec. Ed.
The District of Columbia has become the first jurisdiction in the nation to have a portion of its federal special education funding withheld because it is not meeting the requirements of its “state performance plan.” According to a June 1 letter, the U.S. Department of Education will withhold about $480,000 in money that would have been earmarked for administrative activities in Washington’s school system.
Vol. 28, Issue 36, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Mathematics Instructional Support Coach
- Weymouth Public Schools, Weymouth, MA
- Director, Accountability and Research
- Orange County Public Schools, Orlando, FL
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL