News in Brief
D.C. Schools Penalized on Spec. Ed.
The District of Columbia has become the first jurisdiction in the nation to have a portion of its federal special education funding withheld because it is not meeting the requirements of its “state performance plan.” According to a June 1 letter, the U.S. Department of Education will withhold about $480,000 in money that would have been earmarked for administrative activities in Washington’s school system.
Vol. 28, Issue 36, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL