News in Brief
D.C. Schools Penalized on Spec. Ed.
The District of Columbia has become the first jurisdiction in the nation to have a portion of its federal special education funding withheld because it is not meeting the requirements of its “state performance plan.” According to a June 1 letter, the U.S. Department of Education will withhold about $480,000 in money that would have been earmarked for administrative activities in Washington’s school system.
Vol. 28, Issue 36, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX