News in Brief
D.C. Schools Penalized on Spec. Ed.
The District of Columbia has become the first jurisdiction in the nation to have a portion of its federal special education funding withheld because it is not meeting the requirements of its “state performance plan.” According to a June 1 letter, the U.S. Department of Education will withhold about $480,000 in money that would have been earmarked for administrative activities in Washington’s school system.
Vol. 28, Issue 36, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA