News in Brief
D.C. Schools Penalized on Spec. Ed.
The District of Columbia has become the first jurisdiction in the nation to have a portion of its federal special education funding withheld because it is not meeting the requirements of its “state performance plan.” According to a June 1 letter, the U.S. Department of Education will withhold about $480,000 in money that would have been earmarked for administrative activities in Washington’s school system.
Vol. 28, Issue 36, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- Classroom Teachers
- The Cambridge Schools, Doha, Qa, Qatar