News in Brief
Wisconsin Probes Use of 'Quiet Rooms'
Wisconsin is investigating Ashland Middle School for allegedly misusing its quiet rooms. State rules call for the rooms to be used only to seclude students who are a threat to themselves or others. Principal Brian Anderson has said the rooms may have been misused in the past, but alternative-education staff members are now following state rules.
Vol. 28, Issue 30, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY