News in Brief
Maine High Schools Express Interest in Laptop Initiative
A straw poll taken last week indicates that nearly half of Maine high schools would be likely to participate in a program that expands the state’s laptop-computer initiative to grades 9 through 12.
The state department of education survey, which drew about 105 responses, also showed another 42 percent of schools undecided and 11 percent choosing not to take part. The results came out during a hearing on Gov. John Baldacci’s proposal to expand the Maine Learning Technology Initiative beyond middle school.
Lawmakers are debating the initiative, which requires legislative approval before the state can sign a four-year, $75 million contract it has negotiated with Apple Computer.
Vol. 28, Issue 29, Pages 4-5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Superintendent of Schools
- Levittown Public Schools, Levittown, NY
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Co-Principal Vacancy
- Newport City Elementary School, Newport, VT
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT