Labor Leader Honored
The Los Angeles Unified School District has voted to make Cesar Chavez’s March 31 birthday a school holiday. The school board resolution approved last month calls for Superintendent Ramon Cortines to come up with a plan to drop another holiday in favor of the day off to honor the late...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ