News in Brief
Labor Leader Honored
The Los Angeles Unified School District has voted to make Cesar Chavez’s March 31 birthday a school holiday. The school board resolution approved last month calls for Superintendent Ramon Cortines to come up with a plan to drop another holiday in favor of the day off to honor the late United Farm Workers co-founder.
Vol. 28, Issue 27, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Plainfield Director of Special Services
- New England School Development Council, Meriden, NH
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Supervisor, Secondary Literacy Instruction
- Montgomery County Public Schools, MD
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Chief Academic Officer
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY