News in Brief
Va. High School Accreditation to Use Test Scores, Grad Rates
Virginia’s public schools will soon be measured by both test scores and graduation rates, under an enhanced accountability plan state education officials approved last week.
The state’s Standards of Accreditation will include an index that measures high school graduation and completion rates. High schools will have to meet benchmarks in graduation rates as well as test scores to be accredited.
The class of 2011 will be the first to be measured for a school’s accreditation for the 2011-12 school year. Revised accreditation standards also will require high school students to take economics and personal-finance classes to earn standard and advanced diplomas.
Vol. 28, Issue 22, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY