News in Brief
Va. High School Accreditation to Use Test Scores, Grad Rates
Virginia’s public schools will soon be measured by both test scores and graduation rates, under an enhanced accountability plan state education officials approved last week.
The state’s Standards of Accreditation will include an index that measures high school graduation and completion rates. High schools will have to meet benchmarks in graduation rates as well as test scores to be accredited.
The class of 2011 will be the first to be measured for a school’s accreditation for the 2011-12 school year. Revised accreditation standards also will require high school students to take economics and personal-finance classes to earn standard and advanced diplomas.
Vol. 28, Issue 22, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Brevard Public Schools, FL
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY