News in Brief
Missouri Schools Chief Dies
D. Kent King, a longtime superintendent who was Missouri's education commissioner for the past eight years, died Jan. 7. He was 65 and had been diagnosed with a brain tumor in October 2006.
Mr. King became the commissioner in September 2000 and was just the fourth person to hold that position since its creation in 1945.
Vol. 28, Issue 18, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Richland School District One, Columbia, SC