News in Brief
Missouri Schools Chief Dies
D. Kent King, a longtime superintendent who was Missouri's education commissioner for the past eight years, died Jan. 7. He was 65 and had been diagnosed with a brain tumor in October 2006.
Mr. King became the commissioner in September 2000 and was just the fourth person to hold that position since its creation in 1945.
Vol. 28, Issue 18, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations