News in Brief
Missouri Schools Chief Dies
D. Kent King, a longtime superintendent who was Missouri's education commissioner for the past eight years, died Jan. 7. He was 65 and had been diagnosed with a brain tumor in October 2006.
Mr. King became the commissioner in September 2000 and was just the fourth person to hold that position since its creation in 1945.
Vol. 28, Issue 18, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations