News in Brief
Teachers Strike in Pa.
More than 280 teachers in a western Pennsylvania school district were on strike last week after a late-night bargaining session failed to produce a new contract. Teachers in the 2,900-student South Butler County district have been working under a contract that expired June 20. Teachers have asked for almost a 6 percent raise, while the district is offering a little more than 3 percent.
Vol. 28, Issue 10, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN