News in Brief
Teachers Strike in Pa.
More than 280 teachers in a western Pennsylvania school district were on strike last week after a late-night bargaining session failed to produce a new contract. Teachers in the 2,900-student South Butler County district have been working under a contract that expired June 20. Teachers have asked for almost a 6 percent raise, while the district is offering a little more than 3 percent.
Vol. 28, Issue 10, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY