News in Brief
Teachers Strike in Pa.
More than 280 teachers in a western Pennsylvania school district were on strike last week after a late-night bargaining session failed to produce a new contract. Teachers in the 2,900-student South Butler County district have been working under a contract that expired June 20. Teachers have asked for almost a 6 percent raise, while the district is offering a little more than 3 percent.
Vol. 28, Issue 10, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Green Chimneys, Brewster, NY
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations