Advertising in Schools
"At Sea in a Marketing-Saturated World: The Eleventh Annual Report on Schoolhouse Commercialism Trends: 2007-08"
Pervasive advertising and marketing practices employed by businesses “reach into the lives of children and follow them to school,” concludes a new report.
The study notes that, in general, the boundary between advertising and editorial content is becoming less distinct, and the relationship between marketers and consumers more interactive.
“Today’s children live, breathe, and play with brands, and they find advertising integrated into the products they buy or that are bought for them: games, books, movies, the Internet, and television,” finds the 11th annual report on schoolhouse commercialism, released by the Arizona State University Commercialism in Education Research Unit.
Vol. 28, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA