Spec. Ed. Is Funding Early Help
Bit by bit, the U.S. Department of Education is trying to pull down the walls that have traditionally separated general and special education.
One facet of the plan is the department’s support of “response to intervention,” or RTI, an educational technique that bolsters the skills of academically struggling students before they fall so far behind that they need special education services.
And another facet is “coordinated, comprehensive early-intervening services,” a method of paying for RTI-related programs using...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- 9-12 Social Studies/PE & Health Teacher #349
- Nye County School District, Pahrump, NV
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD