Teacher Pay, Support Seen Common Issues Facing Rural States
Although the issues facing rural educators vary greatly from region to region, state policymakers could help alleviate some of the challenges by equalizing the teacher-salary structures of their urban, suburban,and rural districts, advocates for rural education say.
That prescription emerged at a meeting held in the nation’s capital earlier this month by Organizations Concerned about Rural Education , or OCRE, a Washington-based coalition of about two dozen groups dedicated to the improvement of public...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL