News in Brief
S.C. to Open Center for Teachers Aimed at Developing Workforce
South Carolina will open its first statewide professional-development center for teachers, thanks to a donation of $10 million and 355 acres of land in the northwest corner of the state.
The Cliffs Communities, which develops private, master-planned golf communities in the state, and its foundation made the donation.
Clemson University and the South Carolina Department of Education, which made the announcement last week, will oversee the teacher center, which is aimed at retaining and developing the state’s teaching force.
Plans for the facility call for a hotel, restaurant, and conference complex. The new center will also house programs for Clemson’s Youth Learning Institute.
Vol. 27, Issue 31, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA