State of the States
Gov. Dave Freudenthal (D) • Feb. 11
Unlike many other states, Wyoming finds itself in a healthy financial position, thanks to its mineral and energy wealth, but after making huge investments in education over the past few years, it’s time for restraint, Gov. Freudenthal told lawmakers. For the first year of the two-year budget cycle that begins this summer, he has recommended $1.4 billion in education spending, compared with the $1.1 billion that was appropriated for the current fiscal year. The governor also recommended spending $458 million over the two-year cycle for school renovation and construction.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Instructional Resource Development, Advanced Placement (AP®) with WE Service Program
- WE Charity, New York, NY
- Principal - Middle School
- School District of Lancaster, Lancaster, PA
- Principal - All Levels
- Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore, MD
- Middle School Language Arts
- St. Vrain Valley School District, Longmont, CO
- General Posting - Principal, High School 2017-18
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools, Virginia Beach, VA