State of the States
Gov. Dave Freudenthal (D) • Feb. 11
Unlike many other states, Wyoming finds itself in a healthy financial position, thanks to its mineral and energy wealth, but after making huge investments in education over the past few years, it’s time for restraint, Gov. Freudenthal told lawmakers. For the first year of the two-year budget cycle that begins this summer, he has recommended $1.4 billion in education spending, compared with the $1.1 billion that was appropriated for the current fiscal year. The governor also recommended spending $458 million over the two-year cycle for school renovation and construction.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- HEAD OF SCHOOL
- The Philadelphia School, Philadelphia, PA
- STEM Academy Engineering Teacher
- Lithia Springs High School, Lithia Springs, GA
- Chief of Human Resources Officer
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI
- Head of School
- Rockwern Academy, OH
- Early Learning Policy Specialist
- City of Seattle, Seattle, WA