State of the States
Gov. James E. Doyle (D) • Jan. 23
The graduation requirements for high school students should include three years of math and three years of science, Gov. Doyle said in his annual address, urging lawmakers to pass such a measure. Wisconsin is one of only five states that let students graduate with only two years in each of those subjects. The governor also said he plans to propose a salary increase for teachers in his 2007-09 biennial budget, and will call for spending $15 million on research-based strategies for improving education in Milwaukee public schools.
Vol. 27, Issue 21, Page 18
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Austin Independent School District, Austin, TX
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL