State of the States
Gov. James E. Doyle (D) • Jan. 23
The graduation requirements for high school students should include three years of math and three years of science, Gov. Doyle said in his annual address, urging lawmakers to pass such a measure. Wisconsin is one of only five states that let students graduate with only two years in each of those subjects. The governor also said he plans to propose a salary increase for teachers in his 2007-09 biennial budget, and will call for spending $15 million on research-based strategies for improving education in Milwaukee public schools.
Vol. 27, Issue 21, Page 18
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL