State of the States
Gov. James E. Doyle (D) • Jan. 23
The graduation requirements for high school students should include three years of math and three years of science, Gov. Doyle said in his annual address, urging lawmakers to pass such a measure. Wisconsin is one of only five states that let students graduate with only two years in each of those subjects. The governor also said he plans to propose a salary increase for teachers in his 2007-09 biennial budget, and will call for spending $15 million on research-based strategies for improving education in Milwaukee public schools.
Vol. 27, Issue 21, Page 18
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA