State of the States
Gov. James E. Doyle (D) • Jan. 23
The graduation requirements for high school students should include three years of math and three years of science, Gov. Doyle said in his annual address, urging lawmakers to pass such a measure. Wisconsin is one of only five states that let students graduate with only two years in each of those subjects. The governor also said he plans to propose a salary increase for teachers in his 2007-09 biennial budget, and will call for spending $15 million on research-based strategies for improving education in Milwaukee public schools.
Vol. 27, Issue 21, Page 18
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Classroom Teachers
- The Cambridge Schools, Doha, Qa, Qatar
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- Masconomet RSD Superintendent of Schools
- New England School Development Council, Topsfield, MA
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX