State of the States
Gov. Chet Culver (D) • Jan. 15
Gov. Culver proposed in his annual speech to lawmakers a $5 million Science, Technology, and Engineering and Math Center at the University of Northern Iowa, arguing that the investment would help double the number of math and science teachers in the state's public schools. He also called for expanding the All Iowa Opportunity Scholarship program, which gives needy students who graduate from high school with at least a 2.5 GPA up to $6,200 to attend college in the state. And he advocated expanding early-childhood education, with the goal of offering a statewide program by 2010.
Vol. 27, Issue 20, Page 18
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO