School Reform Models
The Other Half of the Strategy: Following Up On System Reform by Innovating With School and Schooling
A new paper argues that efforts to improve K-12 education need to break away from conventional forms of school and schooling with new models, and should place a heavy emphasis on efforts designed to increase student and teacher motivation.
Education Evolving, a think tank based in St. Paul, Minn., says in the January report that “system-level reforms”—such as standards and accountability, and choice and charter schooling—are not enough to bring about dramatic gains in student learning.
Vol. 27, Issue 17, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA