News in Brief
Bush Nominates New Head for Special Education Office
President Bush has nominated Tracy R. Justesen to be the assistant secretary for special education and rehabilitative services in the U.S. Department of Education. The appointment requires Senate approval.
Mr. Justesen, 39, serves as the deputy director of the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research in the department. He previously served as an attorney-adviser in the disability-rights section of the Department of Justice.
Mr. Justesen’s twin brother, Troy R. Justesen, is the Education Department’s assistant secretary for vocational and adult education. Troy Justesen previously was the acting director of the office of special education programs.
Vol. 27, Issue 13, Pages 4-5
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA