National-service programs are an effective way to solve the problems facing today’s society, says a study by the Center for American Progress, a Washington-based think tank.
To keep those programs—such as AmeriCorps, Habitat for Humanity, and Community Health Corps—at the forefront of social change, the report recommends creating growth funds to expand effective programs; investing in innovative service programs; targeting Americans during transitional periods, such as between middle school and high school, right after college, and during retirement, for service; investing in social entrepreneurship; establishing an alumni network for volunteers; and expanding private-sector investment in national service.
Vol. 27, Issue 05, Page 5
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA