Spec. Ed. Vouchers
A lack of accountability in Florida’s McKay Scholarship program for students with disabilities is a flaw that must be addressed before the success of the program can be assessed, says a report by the Washington-based Education Sector, an independent think tank.
Students with disabilities who take part in the program, which provides vouchers for such students to pay tuition at the schools of their choice, are exempt from state exams and are not required to report any information about their achievement, according to the study. Consequently, it says, little is known about the efficacy of the program. More research is needed before the program can be used as a model for other states, the study argues.
- Superintendent, Rockridge Community Unit School District #300
- Rockridge Community Unit School District #300, Taylor Ridge, IL
- Supervisor of Mathematics
- Quakertown Community School District, PA
- Deputy Superintendent of Education Support
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston, WV
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations