UFT, Green Dot Seek a Charter for N.Y. School
In what appears to be a unique arrangement, the New York City teachers’ union is teaming up with a Los Angeles-based charter schools organization in the hope of starting a new school.
The June 28 announcement by the American Federation of Teachers affiliate in New York and Green Dot Public Schools, a high-profile charter-management organization, was striking, given the often acrimonious relationship between the charter movement and teachers’ unions. Teachers in most...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS