News in Brief: A State Capitals Roundup
‘Intelligent Design’ Supporter to Be NASBE’s President-Elect
Kenneth Willard, a member of the Kansas state school board, has been chosen as president-elect of the National Association of State Boards of Education despite concerns from some in the science education community.
Mr. Willard, who was unopposed, voted with a conservative majority on the Kansas board to include “intelligent design” along with the theory of evolution in the state’s science standards in 2005.
Brenda L. Welburn, the executive director of NASBE, said Mr. Willard “has never tried to insinuate political positions on the organization.” He takes office as president-elect in January.
Vol. 26, Issue 43, Page 21
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA