Spellings Criticizes ‘Reading First’ Cuts
Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings sent a letter last week to Rep. David R. Obey, D-Wis., the chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, asking him to restore the $629 million cut from the $1.03 billion Reading First program in a fiscal 2008 spending bill approved this...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- School Turnaround Facilitator (Stockton, CA) ($83K-$102K/YR
- WestEd, Multiple Locations
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR