U.S. Math Achievement
The scores of American students lag behind the average scores of students in most other industrialized countries on international math exams, according to a study by the Paris-based Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
Of the 29 countries in the organization, the United States ranked 24th in the mathematics portion of the Program for International Student Assessment, or PISA, in 2003.
Vol. 26, Issue 41, Page 12
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Vice President, Teacher Preparation Strategies
- National Council on Teacher Quality, Washington, DC
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA