NCLB Accountability: Educators Give Views
Most teachers support the idea of standards-based accountability as outlined by the federal No Child Left Behind Act, but they feel challenged by the insufficient alignment of local curricula with state standards, concludes a study by the Santa Monica, Calif.-based RAND Corp.
Teachers also reported reduced morale and a narrower teaching focus as a result of standards-based accountability. RAND surveyed superintendents, principals, and teachers in three states—California, Georgia, and Pennsylvania—to identify effective methods for implementing the NCLB law.
Vol. 26, Issue 41, Page 12
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO