Convenience and affordability are essential elements of successful adult education programs, a report by the Indianapolis-based Lumina Foundation for Education suggests.
Because adult learners often juggle family and work obligations, most cannot enroll in higher education full time. Consequently, the report calls for flexible, part-time degree programs for adults. The study also found that adult learners were more likely to complete their degrees if they had access to student services such as counseling, financial aid, and academic advising, and if they could clearly track their degree progress. Data for the report came from more than 700 institutions, 1,500 students, and 180 interviews at community colleges nationwide.
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA