Teachers in North Carolina's redesigned schools consistently rank their working conditions higher than teachers in other schools, says a study by the Hillsborough, N.C.-based Center for Teaching Quality.
The organization, which concentrates on improving schools through professional development and research, studied newly designed schools established by the North Carolina New Schools Project, started in 2003 and underwritten by an $11 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The new schools are smaller, more personal environments that are designed to improve graduation rates, reduce students’ behavioral problems, and increase college-going rates.
Vol. 26, Issue 29, Page 11
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- Classroom Teachers
- The Cambridge Schools, Doha, Qa, Qatar