Teachers in North Carolina's redesigned schools consistently rank their working conditions higher than teachers in other schools, says a study by the Hillsborough, N.C.-based Center for Teaching Quality.
The organization, which concentrates on improving schools through professional development and research, studied newly designed schools established by the North Carolina New Schools Project, started in 2003 and underwritten by an $11 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The new schools are smaller, more personal environments that are designed to improve graduation rates, reduce students’ behavioral problems, and increase college-going rates.
Vol. 26, Issue 29, Page 11
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA