Before They Were in Congress ...
The NEA finds 79 lawmakers who had jobs in education.
It’s easier to be a U.S. senator than to teach 9th grade science in New York City, at least according to retiring Sen. Mark Dayton. He called the teaching gig—his first job out of college in 1969—“the toughest...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR