News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
Comments Sought on Plans for Part D of the IDEA
The Department of Education is seeking comments on a proposed comprehensive plan that would guide the spending of federal money for personnel development, technical assistance, and parent information centers authorized under Part D of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. In fiscal 2006, $253 million was budgeted for Part D.
The proposal outlines seven outcomes that Part D money should be used to achieve, including ensuring that children with disabilities are educated, to the highest degree possible, with typically developing peers; that children with disabilities be identified and served in a timely manner; and that family capacity for working with children with disabilities be enhanced.
The notice appeared in the Nov. 27 issue of the Federal Register. The comment period on the proposed plan ends Jan. 11.
Vol. 26, Issue 14, Page 24
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA