News in Brief: A State Capitals Roundup
Court Asked to Block N.J. Voucher Suit
New Jersey’s attorney general is trying to get a judge to throw out a lawsuit that would give publicly funded vouchers to the parents of children who attend low-performing schools so that those children can attend other schools. Attorney General Stuart Rabner filed a motion this month to dismiss the lawsuit, brought by 12 parents, who are supported by a nonprofit, Newark-based school choice group called Excellent Education for Everyone. The suit argues that the parents’ children are stuck in schools that consistently post low standardized-test scores.
Vol. 26, Issue 08, Page 18
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA