Court Asked to Block N.J. Voucher Suit
New Jersey’s attorney general is trying to get a judge to throw out a lawsuit that would give publicly funded vouchers to the parents of children who attend low-performing schools so that those children can attend other schools. Attorney General Stuart Rabner filed a motion this month to dismiss the lawsuit, brought by 12 parents, who are supported by a nonprofit, Newark-based school choice group called Excellent Education for Everyone. The suit argues that the parents’ children are stuck in schools that consistently...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Superintendent of Schools
- Florence Public School District One, Florence, SC
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY