Bush Says He’s Ready to Fight for Renewal of NCLB
President Bush said last week that it would be a priority of his administration to reauthorize the No Child Left Behind Act next year, and that he was prepared to take on the law’s critics.
“Instead of softening No Child Left Behind, we need to strengthen it. The law is working,” Mr. Bush said to more than 100 students, teachers, and community leaders at Friendship-Woodridge Elementary and Middle School here.
The president reiterated his calls for Congress to expand the accountability law at the high school level, to give parents more educational options for their children, and to...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL