Bush Says He’s Ready to Fight for Renewal of NCLB
President Bush said last week that it would be a priority of his administration to reauthorize the No Child Left Behind Act next year, and that he was prepared to take on the law’s critics.
“Instead of softening No Child Left Behind, we need to strengthen it. The law is working,” Mr. Bush said to more than 100 students, teachers, and community leaders at Friendship-Woodridge Elementary and Middle School here.
The president reiterated his calls for Congress to expand the accountability law at the high school level, to give parents more educational options for their children, and to...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- 9-12 Social Studies/PE & Health Teacher #349
- Nye County School District, Pahrump, NV
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD