Department Seeks Input on Higher Ed. Panel’s Suggestions for Change
The Department of Education plans to seek public feedback on a sweeping report approved this month by a commission charged with making long-range recommendations for changes in the nation’s higher education system.
The department announced Aug. 18 that it would hold hearings around the country this fall to explore higher education policy, including suggestions put forth by the Commission on the Future of Higher Education, which Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings established last year.
While the discussions may touch on other proposals, they are likely to be informed by the commission’s draft report, approved nearly unanimously at a meeting in...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ