News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
Minnesota Official to Lead Ed. Dept. Innovation Office
Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings last week named Morgan Brown as assistant deputy secretary for the Department of Education’s office of innovation and improvement. She will replace Nina S. Rees, who left in January. The office oversees about 28 grant programs and coordinates the school choice and supplemental-services portions of the No Child Left Behind Act.
Since 2003, Mr. Brown has served as the director of the division of school choice and innovation at the Minnesota Department of Education.
Vol. 25, Issue 42, Page 35
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX