Community College Not Pipeline to Elite Private Colleges, Report Finds
Although more than 40 percent of undergraduates are enrolled in community colleges, fewer than one of every 1,000 community college students transfers to a four year, elite private college, according to a report.
The report—produced by the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, a Landsdowne, Va.-based nonprofit organization—studied data from National Center for Education Statistics surveys examining high school classes that graduated in 1982 and 1992. Those surveys followed students through college and afterward. It also examined data from the College Board’s annual survey of college officials about students entering college in 2002.
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations