Community College Not Pipeline to Elite Private Colleges, Report Finds
Although more than 40 percent of undergraduates are enrolled in community colleges, fewer than one of every 1,000 community college students transfers to a four year, elite private college, according to a report.
The report—produced by the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, a Landsdowne, Va.-based nonprofit organization—studied data from National Center for Education Statistics surveys examining high school classes that graduated in 1982 and 1992. Those surveys followed students through college and afterward. It also examined data from the College Board’s annual survey of college officials about students entering college in 2002.
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ