News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
Higher Ed. Panel Nears Finish
Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings last week urged her Commission on the Future of Higher Education to be “as bold as you possibly can” in recommending changes. Ms. Spellings on May 18 addressed what was scheduled to be the commission’s final meeting, in Washington. But Charles Miller, the private investor who is the panel’s chairman, announced that the commission would likely convene at least once more, possibly in late June, to work on its final report.
Vol. 25, Issue 38, Page 29
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN