Spellings Joins Passage to India on Education
Trip tied to initiatives on competitiveness issues.
Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings and several key senators traveled to India last week to examine how that country, whose schools generally have fewer resources than those in the United States, has managed to produce top-notch engineers and technology professionals.
Secretary Spellings arrived in India early in the week and met with business and government leaders. She toured a Texas Instruments facility and the General Electric John F. Welch Technology Center, a research-and-development center, both in the city of Bangalore.
Ms. Spellings and the lawmakers, who arrived on April 12, also were scheduled to visit an Infosys Technologies Ltd. global-technology and consulting facility in Bangalore, home to numerous high-tech companies and widely considered to be India’s Silicon Valley. The group also met with representatives of Google India, an affiliate of the major American Web search engine, The Times of India ...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA
- Director of Product Marketing, Assessment
- Scholastic Inc., Manhattan, NY
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY