First Lady Aids Hurricane-Damaged School Libraries
Touring some of the areas hit hardest by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita with the president last week, first lady Laura Bush promoted a plan by her foundation to help schools in the Gulf Coast region replenish their libraries.
The Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries, a Washington-based organization that aids school libraries in expanding their book collections, plans to set aside a special fund to help those in the hurricane-damaged region get up and running again.
Mrs. Bush announced the program March 8, the first day schools could begin...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Charter School Director (Head of School)
- International Preparatory Academy, Detroit, MI
- Roaring Fork School District, Carbondale, CO
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations