The nationwide cost of replacing teachers who either quit the profession or change schools is nearly $5 billion a year, concludes an analysis of teacher turnover.
The Alliance for Excellent Education, a nonprofit group that studies school issues, estimates that the annual cost of replacing teachers varies from $8.5 million annually in North Dakota to as much as $504 million a year in Texas. Roughly 1,000 teachers across the nation leave the profession every school day, according to the study, released in an Issue Brief in August. Those estimates exclude retirees.
Vol. 25, Issue 02, Page 16
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA