The nationwide cost of replacing teachers who either quit the profession or change schools is nearly $5 billion a year, concludes an analysis of teacher turnover.
The Alliance for Excellent Education, a nonprofit group that studies school issues, estimates that the annual cost of replacing teachers varies from $8.5 million annually in North Dakota to as much as $504 million a year in Texas. Roughly 1,000 teachers across the nation leave the profession every school day, according to the study, released in an Issue Brief in August. Those estimates exclude retirees.
Vol. 25, Issue 02, Page 16
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Chief Financial Officer
- Idaho Charter School Network, Boise, ID
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI