The nationwide cost of replacing teachers who either quit the profession or change schools is nearly $5 billion a year, concludes an analysis of teacher turnover.
The Alliance for Excellent Education, a nonprofit group that studies school issues, estimates that the annual cost of replacing teachers varies from $8.5 million annually in North Dakota to as much as $504 million a year in Texas. Roughly 1,000 teachers across the nation leave the profession every school day, according to the study, released in an Issue Brief in August. Those estimates exclude retirees.
Vol. 25, Issue 02, Page 16
- Masconomet RSD Superintendent of Schools
- New England School Development Council, Topsfield, MA
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS