Vallas Eyes Illinois
Paul G. Vallas, the chief executive officer of the Philadelphia schools, has asked a court to declare him eligible to hold constitutional office in Illinois, a decision that would overcome a three-year residency requirement and potentially allow him to seek the governor’s office. Mr. Vallas, a Democrat and former Chicago schools chief who filed his petition in Cook County circuit court last month, narrowly lost a party primary for governor in 2002. While he has said he will not run for governor in 2006, he has not ruled out seeking an Illinois elected...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO