News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
Job Training Gets Nod
The Republican-controlled House passed job-training legislation on a largely party-line vote of 224-200 last week. Supporters say the bill would strengthen the nation’s job-training system. Democrats are opposed in part because it would allow faith-based providers who use religion as a criterion in hiring to receive funds under the measure.
Vol. 24, Issue 26, Page 25
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA